Sunday

Overdue Valentine's Day Poem :D


Hey everyone! Sorry for not writing any posts for a long time, I've been quite busy with schoolwork and stuff. I have been writing poetry a bit here and there though; I just haven't found the time to actually sit down and write a post. To be honest the only reason I'm writing this post right now is because frankly, I've got nothing else to do. Well that's not true. I've got plenty of stuff to do, I just don't feel like doing any of it.

Okay so now I'm going to talk about this poem. This post is probably very overdue. Say, 3 months and 28 days overdue? For the benefit of those of you who didn't just check, Valentine's Day was 3 months and 28 days ago. That's right; you've guessed it, today's poem is going to be a Valentine's Day poem!

Without further ado...

In love with her...
By Oliver Nolastname


What was it about her that mesmerized me so?
Was it her lustrous hair, like rivers of black gold?
Or her eyes, shifting from dark brown to rich amber?
All I know for sure is that I’m in love with her…

Might it have been that pretty provocative smile,
That made my pursuit of her seem almost worthwhile?
What was it? I have absolutely no idea,
All I know for sure is that I’m in love with her...

Of course, it might have been her personality;
Nothing can hope to compare to inner beauty…
What was it? I guess it doesn’t really matter;
All I need to know is that I’m in love with her…


I'm actually really proud of this particular poem. I think it's one of, if not the best poem I've ever written. I liked the idea of having a recurring line throughout the poem, and so at the end of each quatrain I put some variation of the line "All I know for sure is that I'm in love with her...", hence the poem title, 'In love with her'.

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Oliver Nolastname

No comments:

Post a Comment